With the use of the tablet becoming increasingly more popular in therapy facilities and hospitals, we thought we would share some of our favorite Ipad apps for physical and occupational therapists. All of these apps are available for purchase through your iTunes account or App Store on your device.
- Shoulder Decide, Knee Decide, Spine Decide, Hand Decide, and Foot Decide, all made by ORCA MD, are highly recommended apps. These apps allow you to see 3D motion of the body part during certain activities, select your view, and share with family and friends. You can also search for conditions, surgery videos, and physicians. $4.99 on iTunes.
- Pocket Body is an educational app that will help you explain conditions to your patients in a clear and simple manner. Pocket Body features a fully anatomically accurate human character with nine layers of musculoskeletal, neurovascular, and internal organ visual content. $29.99 on iTunes.
- CORE is your portable, expert reference tool for diagnosing musculoskeletal and orthopedic disorders. The Clinical Orthopedic Exam offers you a robust database of almost 250 clinical tests with descriptions on how to perform them, video demonstrations, diagnostic properties and links to supporting medical references. This has been found very useful to PTs when looking up specific tests. $39.99 on iTunes.
- Goniometer is an effective app for measuring a patient's range-of-motion (ROM) for a particular joint. This measurement is used to determine the extent of a patient's joint injury and the expected speed of their recovery. We especially like the simplicity of this app. $3.99 on iTunes.
- ICD9 Consultant 2012 is your full list of ICD9 manuals at about 1/3 of the cost of printed manuals. All diagnosis codes and procedures are searchable and browsable, and you can even create favorite lists for your most commonly used codes. $14.99 on iTunes.
Fusion Medical Staffing in Omaha, Nebraska, is a worldwide staffing corporation. Fusion works with hospitals, clinics, skilled nursing facilities and home health in all 50 states to provide rewarding positions for traveling and full-time physical and occupational therapists, speech pathologists, medical technologists, medical lab techs, phlebotomist, histotechs, pathologists' assistants, and other medical and lab professionals.
Fusion believes in the value of family and friendships. At the core of everything you do, you are supported by those who care about you the most. This is why we believe in building lifelong friendships and creating a culture of family. The stresses of working in today’s healthcare industry are overwhelming, and we want to be there to support you every step of the way. If you are someone thinking about traveling or you are a tenured traveler, you will get our maximum support and attention, no matter what stage you are in your career. Our commitment to finding your ideal travel assignment, along with aggressive compensation packages, places you in a winning position. When you put your trust in us, we will show you how the Fusion Family can expand your career to the next level. We care about you and your success.
Click here to learn more about Fusion Medical Staffing.